By Elder Enoch Ofori Jnr
(Sabbath Sermon, 19th October, 2013)
From Nothing to Life and Abundance
It's ageless past. What will later be called the universe is a vast empty space. Nothing moves. Nothing breathes. It's total silence. You could hear a pin drop! Suddenly from nowhere comes a jangling crashing sound, lights flash across in an iridescent display of brightness. A mighty voice has roared across the vast emptiness of time 'Let there be'! Giant luminous orbs appear in the atmosphere, earth appears, light appears, sea is formed out of earth, vegetation appear, sea life appear, animals appear. Man appears made in the likeness of God Almighty.
The emptiness is bustling with life and goodness. The voice of the Creator has replaced nothingness with fulness, nonexistence with abundance of life. He will always be God:
Download Full sermon
Christ's Promises of Miracles to Believers
1. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto My Father "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, I will do it" Jn. 14:12-14.
2. “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In My Name shall they cast out devils; …” – Mk. 16:17-18
At this time of the end, all Christians have been called upon to be filled with the great power of God, meant for resurrection and ascension.
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil” – Eph 6: 10-11 This solemn call to power is a timely admonition to accord the end-time Christians to opportunity to prepare themselves against the on-coming prophetic days of great tribulation, being the time of the global rule of the Anti-Christ!
Qualification for the Baptism of the Holy Ghost
The baptism of the Holy Ghost is administered to sincere believers, who have genuinely repented of their sins and have forsaken them in the Lord’s name.
Christ Jesus is the spiritual Baptizer – Matt 3:11 – Acts 2:38-39.
- It’s expected of all believers in Christ to receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire, just as all the 120 believers received the baptism of the day of Pentecost – Acts – 2:1-4; Acts 19:2.
- Aims of The Holy Spirit Baptism
- It’s the seal of the saints until the last day of redemption – Eph 4:30
- It’s the sign or mark of the identification of all God’s children – Rom 8:16; Rom. 8:9; 9:8.
- The baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire strengthens the weak ones in their prayers, and help them make their prayers go answered – Rom. 8:26-27.
- It’s the power of resurrection – Rom 8:10 – 11.
- Those who walk in the Spirit or after the Spirit are FREE from the coming condemnation – Rom. 8:1-2
- The Holy Ghost is the Spirit of the Son of God. Therefore, those who are filled with the Spirit of God are also sons of God – Rom. 8:14.
That Christ pre-existed before his birth as God is made plain in the Holy Scriptures. The gospel according to St. John has shed light surrounding the mystery of His pre-existence. John began his gospel massage with the introduction of Christ’s pre-existence to the lost world standing in need of a great Saviour and eternal life, and said: “In the beginning was the word and word was with God and the word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that was made”Jn - 1:1-3.