Qualification for the Baptism of the Holy Ghost
The baptism of the Holy Ghost is administered to sincere believers, who have genuinely repented of their sins and have forsaken them in the Lord’s name.
Christ Jesus is the spiritual Baptizer – Matt 3:11 – Acts 2:38-39.
- It’s expected of all believers in Christ to receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire, just as all the 120 believers received the baptism of the day of Pentecost – Acts – 2:1-4; Acts 19:2.
- Aims of The Holy Spirit Baptism
- It’s the seal of the saints until the last day of redemption – Eph 4:30
- It’s the sign or mark of the identification of all God’s children – Rom 8:16; Rom. 8:9; 9:8.
- The baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire strengthens the weak ones in their prayers, and help them make their prayers go answered – Rom. 8:26-27.
- It’s the power of resurrection – Rom 8:10 – 11.
- Those who walk in the Spirit or after the Spirit are FREE from the coming condemnation – Rom. 8:1-2
- The Holy Ghost is the Spirit of the Son of God. Therefore, those who are filled with the Spirit of God are also sons of God – Rom. 8:14.